If you’re one of the many people who dream about having your very own business, then following these guidelines will greatly enhance your chances of achieving success.
- Utilize personal leverage. You can leverage a personal skill, a service idea, or a product idea by creating a business system.
- Implement extreme outsourcing. Focus on what you do best, and outsource the rest.
- Create relentless repeatability. For your business to succeed, you need a system that’ll continually sell your products or services to a broad base of potential customers.
- Reduce the chances of potential failure. Before successful entrepreneurs venture out to try new things, they do everything possible to minimize all costs and risks.
- Don’t get too far ahead of your customers. Products and services sell best when they’re new enough to meet an unfulfilled need, yet don’t change every other part of the customer’s life.
- Commit to flexibility and innovation. In a competitive business environment, solo entrepreneurs achieve lasting success by through constant innovation and adaptable systems.
- Create the ability to scale. Solo entrepreneurs learn how to grow and manage their business without bringing on more employees or more complexity.
- Keep an experimental mindset. In a competitive world, you need to regularly question your business assumptions and test potential improvements to your business.
- Get off the clock. Solo entrepreneurs look for business ideas that don’t always link their earnings to time.
- Embrace the power of new technologies. Solo businesses utilize internet technology to leverage their effort.
- Develop a penchant towards action, beginning with small steps. Dreaming about starting a successful business is great, but taking small incremental actions will increase the chances of making your dream a reality.
- Gather up your determination – commit to find a way. The will to make your business succeed is a crucial quality for a solo entrepreneur to possess.
- Use readily available products and services. Leading-edge services are already available to get your business up and running at a low cost.
To learn more about the 13 principles of success for a solo entrepreneur, check out Go It Alone by Bruce Judson.
If you liked this post, you'll love getting my free business tips. In addition, you can get free updates via email.